Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thanks to the Independent Booksellers

The independent booksellers of America picked Running from the Devil as a "Notable Book" for May! I'd learned this news a while ago, but didn't believe it until I actually confirmed it at Indiebound.org http://www.indiebound.org/indie-next-list?edition=200905. I confirmed on "Buy Indie" day (May 1st).

I immediately headed to my local independent, the Book Cellar, in Lincoln Square, Chicago. I'd read that Lenore Skenazy, author of "Free-Range Kids: Giving our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts with Worry," would be signing and I was interested to hear her speak.

It was a great way to celebrate the news, to Buy Indie, and to learn something. Lenore was a riot: interesting and informative, the book store owner and employees were friendly, and I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant time. I'm honored they chose my book, love what they do every day to further reading and learning, and wish them continued success. Many thanks to them.

Jamie Freveletti
Running from the Devil
May 5, 2009
http://www.jamiefreveletti.com/


No comments: